Lawn Care Forum banner

Work truck

4K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  crazymike 
#1 ·
What do you guys think is the best work truck for landscaping and snow removal? Ford, Chevy, or dodge?

#3 ·
I think it has more to do with quality maintenance. Take good care of your equipment and it will treat you good. I have used all 3 makes, and they all did fine. JDiepstra is right, they all have strengths and weaknesses. You are going to have repairs and maintenance no matter what.

#4 ·
Brand names will all have their pluses iv had very good luck with my dodges and my gmc. I think a better area to focus on is the size trucks and what size meets your needs. After 22 years in this trade and 9 years in business for myself I have found our trade tends to get trucks smaller then our needs. We recently got our first 4500 and couldn't be happier other then 3500s for our personal picks ups in the future my partner and I will only be getting 4500s for our dump trucks.

#6 ·
Are you buying a new or used truck
Ford was the best for me a few years back but think Chevy is overtaking truck market today.

#13 ·
only get ford if you like having your truck at the shop every other week. get a dodge ram, strong, you will get your moneys worth.
:hammerhead: Your ignorance is amazing. I hate these threads. Three options, three different answers, which one is correct? Well yes, they all are.

As far as Fords reliability... It has improved from the mid 00s. :rolleyes:

It boild down to preference and dealer service. To some people it is far easier to spout ignorance. Or opinion as gospel fact.

I prefer Ford. Have had Ford and Chevrolet. I like Ford.

#15 ·
Fords are still not as strong as dodge
My dodge was in the shop constantly with front end and transmission problems. It was plowed light and babied. Was my personal truck.

My ford was best to ****, abused and overworked.

IMO dodge is ****.

That said, go with personal preference, dealer support and luck. You can buy any truck and get a nice truck. They all turn out lemons. Some people get lucky, some don't.

Being brand loyal gets you nowhere fast. It just allows manufacturers to be lax in the innovation department.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.