Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and my boys were mowing today, I look up to see my youngest worker slapping his arm, but he continues to mow. I put the trimmer away and go to shut the back gate and I see the Walker up against a tree and my boy running. I run over to see whats going on he says something was biting him. Then I see all the black hornets and we get out of the area. I then go to see were they were. I found the nest in a lilac bush about the size of a basketball about shoulder height. I trimmed under it not long before they swarmed my son and had to of hit it...how I dint see ill never know. The boy had 10 or 11 stings some in the head and he was complaining about a head ache so I took him to the doctor, we had to stay for an hour for observation and they gave him some meds that made him drowsy...so we called it a day went home and watched football...so the rest of my holiday weekend Ill be busy catching-up, but thankful he got away relatively unhurt....kicking myself for not having a camera. That nest was big.

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
I used to have an account that wasps would build nests in the gutter down spouts, hope he gets well and is back on the job soon. Is the Walker ok?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Watch out for anaphylatic shock (sp?), it could be a very scary situation for both you and your son. I am extermley allergic to bee's and go into anyphylaxis everytime I'm stung by a bee I am allergic too. I carry an epi-pen at all times. Always ALWAYS keep benadryl in your truck or on you when your mowing, since it will act as an anti-histamine if someone has an allergic reaction to a sting while you wait for an ambulance. Hope all is well!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.