Workers Comp audit with Hartford Ins or Farm Family Insurance

oqueoque

LawnSite Fanatic
Does anyone have either of these two insurers for Workers Comp and how has your Workers Comp audit gone? I currently have Hartford for Workers Comp, plus two other companies-one each for liability and vehicle insurance. I am thinking of switching all my insurance to one company- United Farm Family Insurance.

1. If you had United Farm Family Insurance, what has your experience been dealing with the audits? About 15 years ago, I had a horrendous experience dealing with another company, and since then had Hartford. Hartford has been a simple audit, requiring that I only submit copies of the tax info my payroll company prepares, the federal quarterly 941's the fed 940 & state tax NJ 927 gross income tax forms (this # probably varies by state).

2. If you left Hartford, which I think I'm doing, was your last audit tougher/different than your previous audits with Hartford? This years audit will have them owing me money for the 1st time, since my payroll was less than expected last year.

I am switching because I can save over $2,500 a year. Most of the savings is due to my vehicle insurance going through the roof.

OP
oqueoque

oqueoque

LawnSite Fanatic
Most audits have been email info and a phone follow up. With farm family
Thanks, I know you recommended them in the past.

Top Forums