• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Workers "too good"?

gman44

LawnSite Member
Nope , they learn from me. Im fussy and expect the best. My own yard is my best advertisement . Some people pick up certain jobs and feel comfortable while others I have employed are never going to get it right .

PROCUT1

LawnSite Platinum Member
Most of them......... Its their job to be good at it and my job to get them the work to do.......... I love it when I have guys just as good and better than me then I dont have to worry about sending them to any property

Avery

LawnSite Bronze Member
PROCUT1 said:
Most of them......... Its their job to be good at it and my job to get them the work to do.......... I love it when I have guys just as good and better than me then I dont have to worry about sending them to any property
Exactly. A smart business mans trys to hire people that are smarter/better at the job than he is.

Jpocket

LawnSite Silver Member
Boy I wish...thats exactly what im looking for sombody I don't have to babysit.

dmc456

LawnSite Senior Member
Well, I have one who picked up the ZTR in about 2 hours and trimming in and hour. He is only 16 and really racks up the hours. He put over 150 hrs (engine time) one of my ZTR this summer. Now, he is better or quicker than I am on it. I have yet to find anyone who can trim a good and quite as me, but I'm still looking....actually I have on who is getting close, but he can't keep up with me all day. Mabe it could be because he makes $12/hr when working and I make $100+ / hr working or $80/hr when stilling back wathing.

Its good to be the owner.

OP
J

jtrice11

LawnSite Senior Member
The reason I asked is because my guys can work circles around me. I'm doing everything in my power to keep them busy and get work for them. I still work with them 50% of the time, but I can send them anywhere, give them instructions, and its done to perfection.