Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Full time Cop, rotate day and afternoons every 28 days. Like day shift best but for the lawn cutting; being on afternoons works best for me, get done cutting before it gets to hot then go to work and deal with the knucleheads.:mad:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am 17 years old and do maintence on 16 or so yards. I am a senior this year and taking co-op so I can get out at 12:00. I then get my equipment ready and get to work. I mow till 2:30 then go to my other job which is a steak and fish restuarant from 3:00-10:30. I work at this resturant every weekday except Monday, which leaves me Saturday and Monday afternoon.
BUSY!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
My partner & I are both teachers
summers are great but
april/May and aug/sept/Oct are very busy

I tell the customers about are situation and that we have to be on a week or every two week schedule

We do a lot of calling if the schedule is messed up -parent conferences at night

be polite and appreciative of the situation

remember if you are there every wednesday like clockwork and something comes up and you call they are happy!!!

·
Registered
932 Posts
I think you've found out a lot of us have a lot of work to handle. I also work full time, and then LCO part time, mainly on weekends for now. have to start somewhere. It's rough, but if this i truly what you want, it will be worth it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey Coach!!

I'm a full time teacher as well. You're right in stating how hectic April-June and the fall are. The early summer is the worst 'cause the grass is growing like crazy.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Friday, Saturdays, and Sundays are the days I work my regular job. I work 12 hour days and when Sunday comes around everyone is very tired. Monday - Thurdsay are my cutting days I arrange everything during those days.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I only work occasionally. I have one FT guy and a PT guy working right now while I'm at work. I don't know how you guys do it. I have enough of a hard time keeping up with paper work, estimates, and maintenence.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I did it for years when I lived in Michigan. I worked for GM 6:00-2:30. Then cut lawns from 3:00 until dusk. I did that for about 25 years. I usually could do 30 lawns a week from April- Oct. I'm doing it full time now that I'm retired. Here in FL it's just about a year round thing.

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Work from 10:30pm to 7:30am. Going to mow 3 days a week (scheduled right now) for about 4 hours. Took a larger ad in the yellow pages, put an ad in the service directory of the newspaper and mailed out 5000 postcards. Needless to say, I have been a bit overwhelmed. So many calls that I could not answer all of them. Last week worked 24 hours straight, slept 5 hours and put in another 8......that won't happen again....lol. Use to be busy like that just 2 weeks in the spring and 2 weeks in the fall....going on 4 weeks this spring.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I work from 5-1am here at the Tel company and have found this to be ideal for me. Have only 13 accts but have been trying to do some installs also. We rotate working weekends so have a full day every 3rd and 4th week. It's not easy but it's rewarding

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.