1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

working on easter?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Mar 26, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

anyone? i am. i actually have to pick up a clients GARBAGE. yup, the guy is so lazy, he has 2 garbage cans that fell over, and the contents blew around the yard, i'll be there picking up the garbage. and since i'm there, i;'ll do the spring cleanup too. anyone else?

2. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep, laying pine straw 50 bales of pine straw. The do a bunch of mulch and a touch of tree work. When done working we are going out for a traditional Easter dinner. Pizza

3. Nope, not me, I will be taking my wife and children to church, Sometimes I work a little bit on Sunday afternoon's, but only if I have to and I clear it with the clients first, but Easter, I guess that would be doube time and a half, ha ha... Happy Easter
    God bless you and your family BobbyGedd...

4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Suppose to rain here but I got a load of mulch on the trailer just in case its clear, Im gonna try to do 1 mulch job and then spend the day with the family. That is on Monday, Im not doing anything Sunday

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Former Moderator

Be careful Gedd, you may just run into the Easter Bunny, and I'm sure he'd probably want to throw rotten eggs at you. :waving:
    To answer your question, no way will we be working on Easter. There's plenty of days in the season to work, no need to work on a holiday.

EasterBunny2005.jpg

6. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Other than snow removal, I haven't worked since fall so I'm certainly not going to start on Easter.

I'm still trying to get my trailer lights working properly... I think a poltergeist took up residence in my trailer over the winter, because I sure can't figure out what the problem is.

7. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Jodi, I sure hope thats you & not Matt in that costume. BTW, I think it very unprofessional to work on Easter, Christmas, or most other holidays 7/4, Labor day, Memorial day, Thanksgiving or New Years day. The only exception I could maybe see would be snow removal, which must be done no matter what (at least the commercial accounts).

BG - you kinda shock me... always preaching being professional, and still working on Easter. Wouldn't it bother you if you were having family over and the painter you hired threw a drop cloth over your Easter dinner to paint the dining room?? Oh never mind, you'd whack him w/ the shovel, then have Chico dig a hole in the back yard & bury him.

Happy Easter!

8. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Darryl,
    Start by checking the wire harness on your truck only to see that it is okay. Then start checking the individual wires w/ a test light (make sure your trailer is on the ball and that you have a real good ground). If all else fails, just re-wire the trailer (brown running lights, green right turn/stop, yellow left turn/stop, white ground to trailer frame).

9. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Still to much snow here, I wouldn't anyway, I agree with Turfdude.

10. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Sorry to get off topic guys.....

Hmmmm, in fact I didn't have the trailer on the ball. I just pulled up to it and plugged in. Everything works except when I use the right turn the running lights flash too and I get a weak flash on the LEFT side of My truck. I did clean up the ground and all the plug contacts. Thanks for the info.