1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Working with significant others

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by packerbacker, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you kidding?! Hard enough living with them...no way I am gonna work with them too.

2. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

My wife helps me a lot with scheduling, and answering calls.

She tried one time to help me on the job. Lets just say it didnt work.

3. sanfordandsonfan

sanfordandsonfan LawnSite Member

I hired my dad last summer and he works for me full-time. He rides with me, cuts with me and trims with me ten hours per day. He is my best friend and my best employee. Oh yea, he is fifty six and can work circles around the young guys.

4. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow Sandford, thats great that your so close with your dad. Take it from a guy who lost both parents, life is short. I did enjoy spending time with my parents when they were here, however looking back, I could have spent more time with them. To most people as well as myself, its hard to realize they will be gone someday. Thats great to hear of your fortune Sanford.

5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I work for my wife she is the one who does the daily stuff. I don't get the chance to run a mower much anymore and when she does let me she does nothing but complain about my work. I do the spraying and fertilizing and repair work. I get to buy the toys and she drives them.

6. toroboy

toroboy LawnSite Member

When I meet a girl that wil mow lawns with me I might just have to marry her. No joke

7. sgreanbean

sgreanbean LawnSite Member
    from cal

my wife works for me at the same company, she can operate any machine better than most of the guys including skidloaders, large tractors, dumptrucks and she can back a trailer better than most truckers! she wieghs about 100lbs and is 5 ft tall ( needed to let yall know that so you werent picturing a "BIG MARGE") I work with her every day in a large corp and we have no problems at work or at home, IM THE BOSS AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS.
    oh no, gotta go, here she comes

8. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

My wife worked with me for 12 years untill she found out she had cancer.

9. thill

thill LawnSite Member

Yup, my wife works with me. Matter of fact, she is the Prez and I is just a worker

She can work circles around most of the crew. Is fantastic with clients and markets the heck out of our business.

Together we are a team at work and at home

Tom