WorldLawn World Lawn 28 Vs Toro 30" Timemaster, Sarlo BigMo, Exmark Commercial 30

Patriot Services

LawnSite Fanatic
You'll find plenty of threads both for and against it. If the yards you are mowing are really that big you might want to look into a full size 32 in or even a 36. If they're just small backyards say less than a thousand square feet then the tm might work for you. Bear in mind they don't seem to be able to take much abuse so if you have employees handling it you might want to think twice. It also doesn't seem to be worth the price for the full commercial Exmark.

Patriot Services

LawnSite Fanatic
Now the Big Mo is a brand new machine and hasn't been on the scene long enough. Given it' s bones are in the BOP I'm sure it will live up to its heritage. Given it isn't going to be available in every shop, neither was the BOP. Regardless it developed a large following and evolved into models up to 44" dual hydro. Sarlo is unique and not meant to be a Swiss army knife which contrary to some opinion no mower is. FTR Sarlo is meant for mulching southern turf. No professionals here run all 21" ops. Nobody bags. Nobody is mowing our turf types at 2". We don't get spring flush with non stop spring rain.

Last edited:

JimsLocalLawn

LawnSite Senior Member
I can't believe how little there is for sarlo from the consumer

Three things held me back from buying a Sarlo Big Mo this year. First and foremost - it's unproven on northern turf spring growth. As patriot highlighted Sarlo is king of southern turf and ???? of northern turf. Which brings me to the second point. There is almost no reviews on this unit (as danothemano highlighted). I hate buying a mower sight on scene and not knowing before I buy it if it will work for me. Thirdly I have no local dealers anywhere near me. So I can't request a demo to try one before I buy one. At dealer I pay MSRP - buying factory direct I pay MSRP + freight shipping (I assume) and even if they ship it free... who fixes it if it breaks? If Sarlo agree's to ship me the part that's different.

These problems are the same for Worldlawn as well. While Worldlawn has local dealers near me, calling them dealers is a stretch. I went to one of their dealers and it turned out he doesn't stock anything, you literally order from a catalog ... no thanks.

I have reached out to Sarlo earlier this year. They did tell me they were updating the handles on the Big Mo to the plow style handles so I figured I'd wait for the change. Next year I want to replace 21" mowing all together, maybe I'll buy all 3 and do a in depth review on each of them.

lawnboy dan

LawnSite Platinum Member
bottom line-the toro 32 tbar beats every thing in this class by a mile . cost dosnt matter when they last 20 years in comm use. simply cant be beat. repairs are seldom needed. elect clutch is the only drawback

Micktyler

LawnSite Member
Would be great to see some reveiws from someone who actually works them. (Big Mo’s 30 +34 )
30 inch big Mo for six months now, I cut nothing but Saint Augustine and the Big mo cuts great, I bought a mulch kit and it does an adequate job. I use it on 10 to 15 lawns a day. It has become my go to Mower, However I’ve had problems with the chain coming off and recently a chain-link broke, I took it to the shop they put a new chain on, no problem under warranty, two year commercial warranty. However today first day back from the shop mowed a couple lawns and it just stopped, perhaps they forgot to put a part back on. I don’t know, taking it back to the shop tomorrow. I think the big Mo is a great mower however using it as much as I do, it might not be built for that. Jury is still out, however only paid $1899 for it. The engine is great starts all the time and has plenty of power.

Small Cuts

LawnSite Member
30 inch big Mo for six months now, I cut nothing but Saint Augustine and the Big mo cuts great, I bought a mulch kit and it does an adequate job. I use it on 10 to 15 lawns a day. It has become my go to Mower, However I’ve had problems with the chain coming off and recently a chain-link broke, I took it to the shop they put a new chain on, no problem under warranty, two year commercial warranty. However today first day back from the shop mowed a couple lawns and it just stopped, perhaps they forgot to put a part back on. I don’t know, taking it back to the shop tomorrow. I think the big Mo is a great mower however using it as much as I do, it might not be built for that. Jury is still out, however only paid $1899 for it. The engine is great starts all the time and has plenty of power.
Thanks for the info. Thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these,but if it breaks,no dealers near me. More updates would be appreciated.

Top Forums