1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

World's Greatest Lowballer!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOturkey, Aug 10, 2007.

1. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

I saw an ad placed on the cork board at one of the stops on my milk route yesterday, and just had to pass this one along. Obviously, it is a kid.

"Will mow yards in town twice a week. $5 for small yards, $10 for large yards. First week free."

And you guys thought you had some stiff competition. :laugh:

2. lawnboy858

lawnboy858 LawnSite Senior Member

I think he is doing it for fun, because that pretty much just covers the cost of fuel and maybe a dollar to put in his piggy bank. Lets see for 5 dollars you can get roughly 1.4 gallons of gas.
    Talk about screwing yourself and other LCO's over....

3. Big Bad Bob

Big Bad Bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 5

Mommy and Daddy are probably paying for the gas.

4. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

There is a sign in a yard near y house that says "Will Mow Grass for TIPS"

If I didn't think it was some kid out mowing instead of inside playing playstation I would rip it out of the ground.

5. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

i lost three this last month to the neighbor,he is cutting them for beer money.i **** you not.these are 350k homes.been cutting them all for the last three years and poof there gone.

6. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, dos'nt he have to do something to make money until he is old enough to get his own milk route ?