• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

Worst job ever (IMHO) just got worse

kootoomootoo

LawnSite Platinum Member
Worst job ever (IMHO) just got worse.

You guys remember this job ...................we pulled up 100%...check screed depth ..........................and guess what .............no fabric and the grand total of 1in of base material. There was 3in in one area.

Hope the pos is watching. He has a problem now.

Picture 008.jpg

mcwlandscaping

LawnSite Gold Member
Hi, i don't do hardscaping really at all (ive done a couple basic patios before) but, can you tell me what exactly is wrong with that work? I'm sure there is something wrong, but to my untrained eye, nothing really just jumps out at me, except the 1in. of base i know for sure is wrong!!

thank you!! i'm trying to learn all i can!

Dirty Water

LawnSite Fanatic
Hi, i don't do hardscaping really at all (ive done a couple basic patios before) but, can you tell me what exactly is wrong with that work? I'm sure there is something wrong, but to my untrained eye, nothing really just jumps out at me, except the 1in. of base i know for sure is wrong!!

thank you!! i'm trying to learn all i can!

• Crappy cuts, using slivers instead of cutting the pavers for smooth radius.
  • Soldier Course looks like crap.
  • "Pattern" randomly changes.
  • Notice how instead of notching for the overpour slag by the brick wall he just offset the pavers for those two rows.
  • Pavers pretty much not square to anything.
Etc.

paponte

LawnSite Silver Member
WOW :dizzy:

I wonder how these guys get paid at the end of a job!! That is just horrible, actually just a disgrace. :nono: