1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Worth It?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eazy, Mar 24, 2004.

1. eazy

eazy LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Hello,
    I was just wanting to know if it is worth it to spend the extra
    2 to 3 thousand dollars on an exmark with the liquid cooled Kawasaki engine? Will be a 52 or a 60 inch cut ride!!

Thanks for your time,
    eazy

2. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

What were you thinking about buying that would cause their to be a three thousand dollar difference in price? A Craftsman perhaps? Spend you money on high quality commercial equipment and you wont be disappointed.

3. eazy

eazy LawnSite Member
    from Texas

The exmark Z, thought I put that information in the opening.

Thanks,
    eazy

4. eazy

eazy LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Anymore input?

Thanks,
    eazy

5. Flipperneck

Flipperneck LawnSite Member

I would buy it without the better engine, rip that one out as a backup and buy the other engine and throw it on. It would end up costing the same but you get a free engine.

6. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

If you're wanting quick feedback I don't think it will happen. I'm also a new member trying to decide on a new ZTR also wanting feedback. I've quit waiting and did searchs to determine what people think.

Personally I wouldn't spend the extra, it all depends on how quick your return on investment will be. I'm small time, so 6K will be about what I made last year, and was the price that I've been looking at. I also will be paying cash.
    I'm going to start looking at used equipment but I want a 50" deck, and that might be hard to find.

One thing though, most guys that do it for a living will tell you to buy the best equipment with the most HP.

7. wattsup

wattsup LawnSite Member

If there is a 3k difference it is not worth it. I bought a Lazer Z last year with the 27 Kohler and it has plenty of power. I can not in any way justify spending an extra 3k for basically the same mower. Just my opinion.