• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Would it be bad form....?

eruuska

LawnSite Senior Member
I missed a call today whilst mowing, the caller didn't leave a voicemail. I just had a few thousand flyers go out, so I expect a few newbies to call. I did a Google search on the number, and I know the caller's name and address. It's nobody I know, so I assume it's a possible new client.

Would it be bad form to call the person back?

proenterprises

LawnSite Silver Member
No.

Hi, This is XYZ lawncare, I saw I missed a call from you today, is their anything I can help you with?

Is yes, proceed to help.
If no, "Okay, sorry to bother you, have a nice day"

PTP

LawnSite Bronze Member
Sometimes I will accidently call a wrong #. When I realize it, I will hang up and not leave a message. I really don't like it when whoever I called calls me back to ask what I wanted.

But, what do you have to loose?

olderthandirt

LawnSite Platinum Member
Makes you look desperate to call someone who would not leave a voicemail.
If it was important they would have said or called back

mad_wrestler

LawnSite Senior Member
I agree with the good customer service. Most of the time they are glad that you call them back.

sheshovel

LawnSite Fanatic
Here I will agree with Olderthandirt,it is bad form to call someone back who did not leave you their name and # in a message.If you are going to have your flyers out you are going to get calls like that.It is their choice to call you back or not not yours to call them without a request and # being left .
Bad form yes

LibFinServ

LawnSite Member
Persistance is key when it comes to any type of selling. If you don't call the people back, then someone else will. I hope anyone competing with me for business doesn't call our prospective, would be clients!

Outwork your competition. The key to success in any line of work.

Call the number back! Let me know how it unfolds. That single customer could snowball into something spectacular. You sound ambitious to me, keep it going.

ercrvs24

LawnSite Member
proenterprises said:
No.

Hi, This is XYZ lawncare, I saw I missed a call from you today, is their anything I can help you with?

Is yes, proceed to help.
If no, "Okay, sorry to bother you, have a nice day"
I agree. Call them back. If it's a wrong number, oh well. But if it's a potential client, time well invested.