Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went and did an estimate yesterday and we agreed on the price of 60 dollars. he asks "do i make the check out to lawn wizards"? i replied yes and went to back my mower off the trailer. he runs out and hands me 60 bucks in cash and says "i'm out of checks but i'm sure you like cash better anyway". to be honest i felt kinda pissed like he insinuated that i'm some non paying taxes working for beer money kind of guy. have any of you ever had this happen to you? did you get upset or am i blowing this out of proportion?

thanks.
randy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You're blowing it out of proportion. Cash is always better than a check. It doesn't bounce.

Q
Couldn't have said it better!!!

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
I had a customer offer me water....I was highly offended!! He was insinuating that I didn't have sense enough to bring my own water on a hot day. :laugh:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Ditto above comments..I don't think he meant it in a insulting way. I think he meant Cash is a sure thing- no transition at bank,ect..or as mentioned..can't bounce. In today's world Checks aren't as readialy used..so I think he meant you would like Cash more so than a check as it is immeadiatly spendable with no risk (unless conterfiet of course). Let it go- He meant nothing. Geno

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Yep, take the cash and smile. If you didn't, you could have then advised that you have to charge tax in the future but this one time it can slide.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.