Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking, after my first couple of uses with an aerator recently.

Why would they not put swivel wheels on the rear? I would think the size and setup like the ones on zero turns or walkbehinds. Would anyone agree this would make turning alot easier by just lowering the wheels at the end of a pass, make the turn, then raise wheels and do the next pass?

The other thought I had, would be to have the wheels raise and lower with the same lever that you engage the tines.
As you pull back on the lever, the wheels first raise, then tines engage. As you release the lever, tines dissengage and then the wheels raise.

Seems to me, only after a couple of uses, that this would make an aerator a little more use friendly.

If anyone sees the negative on this, please respond. I am honestly thinking of contacting a welder to see if they could fabricate something for me.

· Registered
898 Posts
depending on the aerator you will have very little swivel out of the wheels maybe 15 degrees before they hit the frame. If you move them back out of the way you will not be able to lift the aerator using the handles. Swivel is something that had to go to mount the wheels more forward for balance. It has been tried but be my guest to have a go at it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.