• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Would you kiss

Would lenghts would you go to retain a super paying cilent

• Total voters

6'7 330

LawnSite Bronze Member
What lengths would you go to keep your best client’s happy? For instance, would you take more from a super rich estate owner to keep the account? Would you take BS from a purchasing manager or property manager of commercial account that pays in stratosphere? Would kiss ass to keep a super paying PITA client that otherwise you would tell a lesser paying account, to jump into the lake of fire?

Brianslawn

LawnSite Silver Member
we drop the whiners.

Jpocket

LawnSite Silver Member
I kiss butt on bigger commercial accounts, I try to look at it as great customer service.

Tonyr

LawnSite Bronze Member
nah, I'm a bit funny about running things my way, I don't negotiate, I don't give freebies, I don't kiss up.....too old and cranky for that crap these days, it's my way or no way, yes I miss a lot of jobs because of this, but the ones I get are very good. gotta be selective, gotta know you are in control.

tiedeman

LawnSite Fanatic
like I polled, only if they paid enough and paid on time

dvmcmrhp52

LawnSite Platinum Member
Better paying clients are paying for better service.........sometimes that just means dealing with some annoying attributes. It's ALL about SERVICE, after all I believe it's pretty well established that there is a bit of competition out there.
If you're not willing to deal with a clients complaints, which more often than not are quite simply and easily accomodated then someone else certainly will, and most likely for a lesser fee.

Green-Pro

LawnSite Bronze Member
A little bit goes a long ways......A lot is just downright sickening

olderthandirt

LawnSite Platinum Member
I think you should do what a customer wants. thats what you get paid for and if you don't they will give you a bad reputation and you won't get any of the neighbors grass to cut. Thats how you become successful and you will make 20-25k a yr

OP

6'7 330

LawnSite Bronze Member
olderthandirt said:
I think you should do what a customer wants. thats what you get paid for and if you don't they will give you a bad reputation and you won't get any of the neighbors grass to cut. Thats how you become successful and you will make 20-25k a yr

MAC,

I think this is the most profound post; my eyes have ever witnessed you post. Have you now acquired the aspiration of Mow-Joe lol .