Lawn Care Forum banner

Would lenghts would you go to retain a super paying cilent

Would you kiss

3K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  bobbygedd 
#1 ·
What lengths would you go to keep your best client’s happy? For instance, would you take more from a super rich estate owner to keep the account? Would you take BS from a purchasing manager or property manager of commercial account that pays in stratosphere? Would kiss ass to keep a super paying PITA client that otherwise you would tell a lesser paying account, to jump into the lake of fire?

#27 ·
lawnman_scott said:
2 weeks maybe. I dont need it from residentials. Different things work in different areas, I dont have a shortage of residentials, so it works for me. And, no the work wasnt done. When it gets busy who gets the better service the guy who pays the bill as soon as he gets it and never says a word, or the one who pays late and complains?
o.k.,so the work he was expecting to get done hasn't been done and now he's complaining? Sounds like a legitimate complaint to me.

2 weeks late after what time period? 15 days? A month?

I'm playing devil's advocate so don't stress, O.K.?

#28 ·
dvmcmrhp52 said:
o.k.,so the work he was expecting to get done hasn't been done and now he's complaining? Sounds like a legitimate complaint to me.

2 weeks late after what time period? 15 days? A month?

I'm playing devil's advocate so don't stress, O.K.?
No stress. They pay in advance, if they dont we mow and go, simple as that. I dont say its right or wrong, good or bad. Just has worked for me for 10 years, its my policy. Now the guy who always pays right away who complains we didnt do something, unless a hurricane is coming or something, thats legitimate, but I do my best to take care of those people, not doing freebies, or kissing their butt, just taking care of what should be done.

#31 ·
dvmcmrhp52 said:
O.K., explain late (how late)...........
So they complain about nonsense.........was the work done? did they pay for it?

(Residentials are much more worth it in our area than commercials.)

I'm really trying to understand how some folks even run a business, considering they seem to have no tolerance for people, and no, I'm not trying to bust stones here.
late is late, what is the difference? some of us are wise enough to know, when a client is trying to walk on us. others accept it, and call it, "customer service."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.