would you mow 12 acres for this price

superintendent

LawnSite Senior Member
I went to talk to a apartment complex to see about the mowing and she said I could have it if I would mow it for the same price the other company was. She showed me their bill and she wasn't lieing. They do it for $225 a week. It has about 10 mins of weedeating. It's 5 mins from my house. Would yall do it for this price? I'm saying no

FoghornLeghorn

LawnSite Senior Member
I went to talk to a apartment complex to see about the mowing and she said I could have it if I would mow it for the same price the other company was. She showed me their bill and she wasn't lieing. They do it for $225 a week. It has about 10 mins of weedeating. It's 5 mins from my house. Would yall do it for this price? I'm saying no
No way, $500 minimum per cut assuming a perfectly fast, few obstruction cut. Price goes up with PITA factor.

Does the complex have a porter, or will you have to pick up trash too?

djagusch

LawnSite Platinum Member
Is it a 12 arce site or 12 acres of grass, big differnce.

I have done a 5 acre apartment site for $175 a time so it seems a bit off but don't know your market.
Posted via Mobile Device

tyler_mott85

LawnSite Senior Member
No way, Jose! My minimum would be $480 and that's assuming its all wide open. You mentioned the words "apartment complex" and to me that spells litter, trash, empty beer bottles, empty cigarette packs....you get the point....every time you have to stop mowing for something...anything....it adds time. Walk away from this one.

Puddle of Oil

LawnSite Bronze Member
For 12 acres of mowable turf at 30 cuts a year for 8 months, 1800 a month or 480 a cut!