Would You Sell?

Stanton Lawn Services

LawnSite Member
So last June I bought a reconditioned Honda HRX from Home Depot. Needed a tranny but was under warranty. It still runs good and I have no issues with it but also had to increase productivity so I bought a Turfmaster HDX and it fits through all of the gates and areas. Should I keep the HRX just as a backup and also if I have a helper mowing one day, put them on it in the front while I do the back or should I sell it and pocket the $400?

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
So last June I bought a reconditioned Honda HRX from Home Depot. Needed a tranny but was under warranty. It still runs good and I have no issues with it but also had to increase productivity so I bought a Turfmaster HDX and it fits through all of the gates and areas. Should I keep the HRX just as a backup and also if I have a helper mowing one day, put them on it in the front while I do the back or should I sell it and pocket the $400?
Whenever you collapse an asset it’s not profit
So you’re not pocketing anything
I know the hdx is new and improved , but without 5 solid years of “omg these things never break” - their previous reputation is going to say the back up is worth way more than $400 to you.

MowDaddy

LawnSite Fanatic
Unless you have real need for the $400 keep it. Run a tank of non ethanol through it if your not already doing that. Then use stabil or seafoam an store it. It will be a good backup mower, or you may get a couple places where you need it for hill's etc.
Plus if its already been reconditioned once, and you've been using it, I dought you will get $400 for it.

OP
Stanton Lawn Services

Stanton Lawn Services

LawnSite Member
Unless you have real need for the $400 keep it. Run a tank of non ethanol through it if your not already doing that. Then use stabil or seafoam an store it. It will be a good backup mower, or you may get a couple places where you need it for hill's etc.
Plus if its already been reconditioned once, and you've been using it, I dought you will get $400 for it.
You would be surprised around me. People are stupid and there is a lot of money flowing around. I don't need the cash I just wasn't sure if its worth it to keep it or not and the more I think about it, I see no reason to sell it.

Mownmachine144

LawnSite Bronze Member
You would be surprised around me. People are stupid and there is a lot of money flowing around. I don't need the cash I just wasn't sure if its worth it to keep it or not and the more I think about it, I see no reason to sell it.
I was thinking the same thing with my Troy bilt tb210 21" push mower. I started off with the 21" then made enough money to buy a 34" gravely 34" to get in the back yards. Now it barely gets used unless I have to do some big inclines or real tight spaces. But I decided to keep it for its legacy in starting me out, it cuts amazing, and it's just a overall reliable mower. Always starts first to second pull if I've been using it a lot that week. But if it sits for a while then 5-6 pulls.