1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Would you take this trade my snapper for his bobcat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Rll131, Aug 13, 2013.

1. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

That's what I was thinking.

The Kawasaki is a single cilender, which is ok but it will literally break your wrist if your not real careful, not to mention you have to work on the starter al the time.

I see those bobcats in good shape for around 1000$ all the time.

Id pass on that deal.

2. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

I would probably pass it up as well especially if your Snapper has served you well.

14-15 year old commercial mower could be bad news

3. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

Snapper has been great just wish i had bought a larger deck.

4. larryinalabama

Offer the dude 800$ for the bobcat

5. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

Really don't think I want the mower now , rather stay away from the single cylinder engines. Ill try and scoop up one for cheap over winter for larger properties maybe even a 52. Thanks for the replys can't believe I didn't notice the age of the mower at first and that it was single cylinder

6. larryinalabama

I have a mower with that engine, its super strong and the torque is better than a 2 cylinder. The starter is what gives trouble, I keep the "dogs" in my parts stock. Nothing other than that wrong with the engine.

7. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

If your 36" is a hydro, I'd be interested in a trade. I have a new 48" bobcat. Mower is great. Only problem is I ain't fit my 60", 48, and 36 on my trailer! I HAVE to have my 36 for small gates, but it's a belt drive and I hate it

8. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

Nope sorry it's a belt drive but I would trade

9. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

I have a off topic question. Why does the deck have a slant on my snapper. There's about 6 inches beetween the deck and mower on the left side which makes me have to do 2 clean up laps instead of one because of the triangle pieces it would leave.

10. zo6

zo6 LawnSite Senior Member

Id do it, your getting a better mower, and the size your looking for... The kawi will outlast a kohler any day of the week, i have a bobcat 48 from the late 80s, still going strong, only snapper youll see that old belongs to frrest gump... Good luck either way.