• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Would you work on Sunday?

mkwl

LawnSite Bronze Member
I've got a quick question for you guys. Since it is not raining now, but it is supposed to rain tommorow through Wednesday night, would you mow today, so you weren't so behind later in the week? Or, should I just do all of the accounts that I miss in the next 3 days on Thursday (since I have the whole day off from School)? Thanks in advance!

-Matt

QualityLawnCare4u

LawnSite Gold Member
Only when I am behind and have to. Most of my clients would ask you to leave coming on Sunday with a few exceptions. In my area it makes you look bad pulling a lawncare trailor around on Sunday. The times I have to I ask the client if they mind being the weather has been bad and Im behind or I have been ill. Some will still say no. Had to do one last Sunday and I killed the biggest timber rattler I ever killed, dont know if someone was trying to tell me to go home. :)

Turfdude

LawnSite Bronze Member
We will only work Sundays if its snow clearing. Other than that... its a day off no matter what. Paper work occasionally too.

OP
mkwl

mkwl

LawnSite Bronze Member
It's still really wet here. I think I'll just mow on Thursday.

prizeprop

LawnSite Senior Member
I only think were going to get a few sprinkles or a passing shower the next couple days, so dont get stressed out. It will probably be better than worse this week.