1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

wrapping, knocking sound on 23hp Kohler engine HELP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by milo, Jul 9, 2005.

1. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

i have i turf tiger with 1100 hours on it and i hear a wrapping noise near the rear where the exhaust is. it is in the engine for sure but not a engine bearing. i dont know what it could be in there doing this. anyone else have this problem?? it is a KOHLER 23HP and my oil is changed every 15 to 20 hours all cutting season in PA. they dont have timing chains they have gears so i dont think its that. and it is not in the valve train. someone please help with what it could be. thank you..

2. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

i was on here reading of lifters problems to. i usually run 10w40 in it castrol. and i do over fill it all the time. but the noise is perty loud with the higher the rpm the higher the noise is. could this be a lifter noise???? and i read about using seafoam. is that the same as marvals mistery oil??? i know marbles oil you can put in gas and oil it is red in color.. someone let me know thank you tom... :dizzy: