Wright 32inch Stander B is actually 34inch

Wobbles

LawnSite Member
Wright has announced a 32" stander B being released in January 2020. While the Stander B model mowers are designed to be cheaper then the commercial line. The 32" stand on finally having a adjustable floating deck was a pretty big deal that was likely going to get me to grab one. It's also said to be using 11 gauge steel vs the 9 gauge steel that other model stander B's are using as they know the 32" will be purchased for commercial use in mind. However after checking the specs on the website and confirming with a rep. The total width of the mower is 34" wide.

I was a bit shocked by this.. as my assumption was that people want the 32" stand on because it's 32" wide (or 32.5" respectively). Being a niche mower designed specifically for small backyard gates, it seems like a pretty big deal breaker to be compromising the width up to 34" wide. If thats the case, why not make it a 33 or 34 inch deck to utilize all of the space? It seems a bit cheeky to be calling it a 32" stander if its 34" wide.

What are your thoughts?

kemco

LawnSite Fanatic
It's the cut width not clearance. My 34 ztr will just barely get through a true 36" gate, but it does with maybe a quarter inch or slightly more clearance on each side. You've got the space between the blades, maybe 1/4 inch, another quarter max on each side between each blade and the inside of the deck, then the actual width of the thickness of the deck on the outside edge of both sides.

Turf Tracer

LawnSite Fanatic
All 32” are 33.5 or 34” clearance

34 is on the high end. They may have used the cheaper drive tires on the B that stick out .5” wider than deck. On my 32” HC’s if you run a Carlisle 16x6.5 it sticks out past deck. Have to run OTR 16x6.5 to get 33.5” clearance.

rippinryno

LawnSite Gold Member
Its the cut. No reason to be disappointed just because you assumed the 32 was the deck size and not the cut. Every mower on the market refers to the cut when they are giving you the deck numbers. I run a 32 wright stander. It goes into all of my gates. Would love to have gotten a 36 however that didnt fit through all the gates.

Also, stander b is 11 guage. The other wrights are 7 guage and are very heavy duty.

Mownmachine144

LawnSite Bronze Member
Like others have said. It's just the deck width. I have a gravely CP 34. I put some wider tires on to help prevent the rutting issue I had with yards because of the skinny tires that where on there. 21x10x7 *"I think". The wider tires are 20x10x10's. They stick out about half an inch or a little more on each side. I still can get through 36" gates without scrubbing believe it or not. Without rutting my customers yards:nod:.

Mownmachine144

LawnSite Bronze Member
Friday I did a really Really overgrown back yard with a 36" gate. It was unbelievable how big the yard was with a 36" gate. It was at least 500ft. long from the house, And about 100ft wide. I'll post some picks when I get a chance. In that occasion, the gravely 34" was a life saver, and good money maker in that situation.

Mownmachine144

LawnSite Bronze Member
Friday I did a really Really overgrown back yard with a 36" gate. It was unbelievable how big the yard was with a 36" gate. It was at least 500ft. long from the house, And about 100ft wide. I'll post some picks when I get a chance. In that occasion, the gravely 34" was a life saver, and good money maker in that situation.
And the crazy part is the front yard looks like a randomly small size house, nothing big.