• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Wright 36i or 42i??

dishboy

LawnSite Fanatic
Walker B23i- 42"48" might be a better option. I watch guys run standers on YT all the time. The give up nothing on the Walker .

dishboy

LawnSite Fanatic
Ok so I am going to pick up a new mower next week and am torn between the Wright 36i or 42i. Price difference is only $25 more. I know the 36 is super popular but anyone here use the 42? The only thing I heard once is the blades are longer on the 42 and has slighty lower blade speed. Dont know if that make much difference. Both will fit through my gates....barely.
Blade speed might be slower , but tip speed will not , and this is a advantage for mulching,

Turf Tracer

LawnSite Fanatic
If nothing else Walkers too many grease points. 2 grease points on the Wrights along w/syn based hydro and easy access hydro filter. 20 minutes maint for a 350hr season including engine and hydro oils.

dishboy

LawnSite Fanatic
Confidant target market is repower. They likely cover it
Briggs vanguard covers it on Walker , have to look at my Kohler , on the 23i Can not remember if they are running pumps off crank or stub shaft? No matter what you run , looks like exact fit is necessary

dishboy

LawnSite Fanatic
If nothing else Walkers too many grease points. 2 grease points on the Wrights along w/syn based hydro and easy access hydro filter. 20 minutes maint for a 350hr season including engine and hydro oils.
Grease points is a good thing, this is how Walker gets 3-4K hours out of linkage. 10 minutes every 25 hours, BFD.

Turf Tracer

LawnSite Fanatic
I don’t like to have to worry about greasing, especially spindles. Lots equip to maintain.

Will see how well all the sealed bearings and bushings do on the Wrights but Tracers only 5 points you really need grease and they go forever. Including the sealed spindles.