Wright 36i or 42i??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Gwinnett Lawns, Feb 14, 2019.

1. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

Walker B23i- 42"48" might be a better option. I watch guys run standers on YT all the time. The give up nothing on the Walker .

2. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

Blade speed might be slower , but tip speed will not , and this is a advantage for mulching,

3. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

If nothing else Walkers too many grease points. 2 grease points on the Wrights along w/syn based hydro and easy access hydro filter. 20 minutes maint for a 350hr season including engine and hydro oils.

4. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

TT did you catch this^?

5. Turf Tracer

Confidant target market is repower. They likely cover it

6. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

Briggs vanguard covers it on Walker , have to look at my Kohler , on the 23i Can not remember if they are running pumps off crank or stub shaft? No matter what you run , looks like exact fit is necessary

7. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

Grease points is a good thing, this is how Walker gets 3-4K hours out of linkage. 10 minutes every 25 hours, BFD.

8. Turf Tracer

I don’t like to have to worry about greasing, especially spindles. Lots equip to maintain.

Will see how well all the sealed bearings and bushings do on the Wrights but Tracers only 5 points you really need grease and they go forever. Including the sealed spindles.