Lawn Care Forum banner

Wright 36i or 42i??

3K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Valk 
#1 ·
Ok so I am going to pick up a new mower next week and am torn between the Wright 36i or 42i. Price difference is only $25 more. I know the 36 is super popular but anyone here use the 42? The only thing I heard once is the blades are longer on the 42 and has slighty lower blade speed. Dont know if that make much difference. Both will fit through my gates....barely.

#3 ·
I was very interested in the 42, seems it will go wherever a 36 would. Then I looked at it, the 42 due to the angled deck and forward protruding left caster it is about a foot longer than the 36, I'm guessing but did measure it at the dealer. Its even longer than the 52. It is on the same small frame as the 36, so you better be a good operator to avoid turf tear, rutting and compaction. So as much as I like the Wright, I'm going to take a look at the Exmark 44 stander when my dealer gets one in. Still considering the Wright, but didn't like the long length and the trailer space it would occupy. I need a smaller gate mower, and currently use 36 and 44 hydro walk-behinds, but would like to increase my speed on these properties.

#6 ·
And what 44 hydro walk do you use? There aren't any.
Correct! I'm still running my BOP hydros, not sure how much longer I can get a season out of them. Just not anything in a hydro walk between 36 - 48. Tried a small frame stander, but it didn't work safely with my hills. Difficult to justify this size for a mower that only sees 6-8 hours every couple weeks, but I've got a couple of huge small gated properties.

#18 ·
I don’t like to have to worry about greasing, especially spindles. Lots equip to maintain.

Will see how well all the sealed bearings and bushings do on the Wrights but Tracers only 5 points you really need grease and they go forever. Including the sealed spindles.

#20 ·
5 year old thread......probably already bought, used and gone....

#21 ·
Wright 42s will more than likely require a special order...as these are seldom found in the showroom, ready to be bought.

The two 21" blades offer advantages over a 3-bladed deck, performance-wise. But, it also means the mower will physically be longer.