• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Wright Mowers

LandscapeSavannah

LawnSite Member
I am purchasing a new mower in a few weeks and I believe I am sold on a Wright. I am leaning toward the Stander CK. I think it is CK? My dealer said it was the top one. I believe it had a Kawi 29. I am going with another 52" because I feel that's a great all around size. But my question is; Have any of you out there used or own a SENTAR or Sentar Sport? They look interesting enough and I like the compact size like the stander, but you get to sit.

grassman177

LawnSite Fanatic
dont get a sentar, they did quit making them for a reason.

we had three and only had them one year as it was nothing but issues. some have had luck with them, but we had issues with all three, go figure.

Vogel-Landscaping

LawnSite Member
i have 2 52" sentar sports and love them more than anything for smaller residentials. they are slow compared to exmark 52's. But compact which is good for 1/4 acre lots etc. i also have a stander 36" which i love. i love my wrights all around. for different functions . I have exmarks and wrights. LOVE them!

OP
L

LandscapeSavannah

LawnSite Member
ZK, yeah that sounds correct. I guess I will go with the ZK 52" because I have heard great things. I like the fact that they weight almost half of what a ZTR does.

jsf343

LawnSite Bronze Member
we have the Sentar and LOVE it!! it is really a great mower, I was not aware they stopped producing them, are you sure they are not just running down the inventory? I still see them where we bought ours.

anyway, they are great mowers and we have never had an issue as long as you don't beat it to death and you perform the maintenance on them.

RandallM

LawnSite Member
Have a 48" Sentar that I bought used. Love it!!

grassman177

LawnSite Fanatic
that is very good to hear you guys getting good service out of them. we take super care of our machines, it was just poor designs and inadequate pumps(earlier models production) that i think were the main issues. they did change things up after while as they were having lots of issues.

the pump failure was bad, they were not heavy enough or cooled so they jsut flat out could not handle the long hours and hills we mow. further more, the engine being mounted on the deck really did a number on it. it bounced more being ont he deck and they had a lot of blowout which caused lots of air filtration issues which led to bad carbs and bad operation of the engines. we had to clean our filters every day, and that was not often enough. they eventually made it standard to have canister air filters, but were not on ours and they did nothing to help us out on it.

you can see where we are going with this.

as far as quitting production, i was told this by my dealer which i trust, but of course would and could be considered hearsay untill the official wordk from wright. i guess you could just call them, i am sure they would answer that 4 u.

mowerbrad

LawnSite Fanatic
You will love the ZK!!! I demo'ed one in the fall and that thing was awesome. It was very comfortable with the suspension platform. And it was as fast, if not faster, than top of the line ztr's. It held a hill fantastically, I could take it places that I would never take any of my ztr's and I could feel perfectly comfortable while doing it too.

The only thing that I didn't like is that the discharge deflector made a row of cut grass next to it. But once I flipped up the deflector, the problem was solved.

The ZK is truely in a class of its own.

keithslawnc

LawnSite Member
A friend of mine has the 60" ZK and loves it. Zk's have 16cc drive pumps just like heavier zero turns, which shoud make for a very powerful machine. I want bad! I planned on having two by now but with the way things are in my area. I have to hold off.