Wright stander b mulching

ArDonnie

LawnSite Member
Anyone mulch with a stander b , how’s your cut quality? I have a 48 , with a mulch kit using wavy mulching blades from Oregon. When cutting thick Bermuda, it leaves a line of clippings on the non discharge side that gives the appearance of uncut strips when finished. Seems to do better on zoysia, but only a small amount of grass is being removed. I have adjusted pitch and tire pressure per wright techs advice. It still does not look as nice as other mulching machines I have. Mixed grass yards look the worst, it leaves spots of chewed up grass that is layed over. Reminds me of mulching with dull blades. A raggedy cut Instead of nice and clean. Any advice is appreciated.

Hawkshot99

LawnSite Silver Member
Wright mulch kit.
So is that a full complete mulch kit with replacement baffles or a block off plate? I don't know wright parts, and many dealers would just sell the "mulch plate". On a low end residential mower usually there is not a full mulch kit. The stander B, is not a real commercial mower, or at most a very entry level one so wouldn't shock me if it didn't have a full baffled mulch kit.

The problem you are describing sounds like the grass is all being thrown to the right because the chambers are not fully enclosed with new baffles.

OP
A

ArDonnie

LawnSite Member
It is a full kit, you remove a discharge baffle and install the baffles that enclose the blades. Then install the block off plate. Strange thing is when I purchased the mower, the mulch kit didn’t come with blades. The dealer left the high lift blades installed. I had to order the mulch blades. The dealer installed the kit. But I read the instructions and it’s installed correctly. I’ve just never seen a mulch kit that didn’t include the blades .

OP
A

ArDonnie

LawnSite Member
BB241060-BE11-49BE-A5C4-E589C0A5A2EE.png
Here is an example.

OP
A

ArDonnie

LawnSite Member
I realize this machine is not a true commercial mower, but it will be used less than 100 hrs a season. From what I had read, it should be perfect for my needs. I am tempted to trade it in or make someone who doesn’t mulch a really good deal. It has 65 hrs, solid front tires, 2 sets of mulching blades, 1set of high lift blades and a working parking brake. I could meet 50 miles either side of the Ar/Ok line on I 40.

Top Forums