Wright Stander Blades Will Not Engage

Skywind

LawnSite Member
Anyone else experience this?
I have the Wright Stander 36 I. Purchased new several months ago and now has 53 hours on it, while mowing the yard I heard a sputter for a few seconds and the blades stopped. I turned the mower off and turned it back it, but when trying to engage the blades it did nothing. Did a visual underneath the deck everything seemed clear. Dropped the mower off at the dealer and they say they are backed up 3-4 weeks. What are your thoughts? What are some 36 standers you guys run and have found to be reliable? I’m really considering a backup stander, thanks!

hal

LawnSite Fanatic
It has to be something very, very simple...pto switch, wiring come loose, safety malfunction, (like dirt in the platform safety)

OP
S

Skywind

LawnSite Member
It has to be something very, very simple...pto switch, wiring come loose, safety malfunction, (like dirt in the platform safety)
I appreciate your reply, I was told by Wright it was more than likely a simple fix. I did a visual to see if anything was disconnected behind the cushion. Everything was intact from my perspective, but this is my first stander

OP
S

Skywind

LawnSite Member
I got the mower back, PTO Clutch was replaced under warranty.
I understand not everything is perfect, what could of caused for PTO clutch to be replaced on a 53 hour mower bought earlier in the year? When parts and service are under warranty….is it the manufacturer that pays for cost or the dealer? Help me get a better understanding, thanks!

JohnD2

LawnSite Member
I got the mower back, PTO Clutch was replaced under warranty.
I understand not everything is perfect, what could of caused for PTO clutch to be replaced on a 53 hour mower bought earlier in the year? When parts and service are under warranty….is it the manufacturer that pays for cost or the dealer? Help me get a better understanding, thanks!
Just a lemon part..Happens with every single thing that is man made.
Wright will reimburse the dealer or distributor which ever the case may be.
I can't remember if Wright uses distributors or not.

OP
S

Skywind

LawnSite Member
Just a lemon part..Happens with every single thing that is man made.
Wright will reimburse the dealer or distributor which ever the case may be.
I can't remember if Wright uses distributors or not.
I appreciate the replay. Do you run Wrights?
I’m thinking of maybe getting a backup stander in the event one goes down.

Top Forums