1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Wright stander blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by limas landscape, Mar 19, 2009.

1. limas landscape

limas landscape LawnSite Member
    from Mass

I have a 52" fixed deck stander with the 25hpkawi i was wondering what you guys like more for blades with the standers.... any feedback would be good.... i searched but havent really found a good answer to my question. thanks

2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I've had threads for this in the past, too. I'd like to hear what others have to say.

3. Bigdog9501

Bigdog9501 LawnSite Member

I have a 48" Stander and I have found that the Scag Hi-lifts give me the best cut. Behind that I get the second best cut with the medium lift fusion blade. Not sure why but it leaves a better cut than the regular medium lift.

4. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Get the Scag 3" wide Hi Lifts you cannot beat the cut or the stripe.

5. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

we need more info are you mulching side discharging or using grass catchers? I mulch and use the lower lift mulch blade on mine so I can cut thicker St. Augustine grass.

6. limas landscape

limas landscape LawnSite Member
    from Mass

i use my catcher for most houses

7. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

What settings are the front castor bushings at and also the deck bolted to the frame (which hole is it bolted to)?

I have used those blades and they cut is terrible. It's almost like there is too much turbulence under the deck.

8. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

My personal experience is with the RH Stander