• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Wright Stander Controls

ooo

LawnSite Member
I have always used walkbehinds and can control them great. I just purchased a 48" Wright today and the controls seem a bit rough. Im not sure if I like the idea of pulling the bars in with your thumbs to go forward. Maybe I just need to get used to it, but it doesnt seem to work as well as any walk behind Im used to.

dKoester

LawnSite Gold Member
One of my operators got it his first try. Just takes some getting used to. You'll get the hang of it bud.

FATWEASEL

LawnSite Senior Member
I've got a Sentar with quad controls like the Stander. For the first week, I thought I might have made a mistake buying it because the contols were stiff and my hands aren't big enough to catch both front and rear bars. I was afraid that my lack of control would end up tearing up turf.

I was happy that the spings loosened up and I got used to the controls and now I love using it. Now, I can spin on a dime without tearing up the grass.

traman

LawnSite Senior Member
There are 2 spots to put the control rods in. Maybe put it in the slower holes until you get used to it. Then switch over to the faster holes.
what he said ,i never really like the one i had . but it was the easiest mower i ever used bar none