1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Wright stander floating deck?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CharlieBingo, Jun 24, 2004.

1. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

Is a floating deck in the works for the stander? I'd like to buy a "60" in ; but without a floating deck, too much scalping and too difficult to change deck height. I run two Dane super surfers and people tell me Wrights are even better. I wish Great Dane and Wright would work together and make a Super Stander.

2. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Thats what the wright sentar was designed for. Its a stander with a floating deck and a seat. I have one and two standers. Its built like a tank. Check one out.

3. CharlieBingo

Can you actually stand comfortably or with the same comfort as there stander? It seemed kind of awkward when I tried one at a trade show.

4. smlavin

smlavin LawnSite Member

CharlieBingo,

I would really like to consider a stander (52" deck I think), but the nearest Dane dealer is 1 1/2 hours away and the Wright dealer is over 2 hours away. From your experience do you like the standers enough to justify being that far away from a dealer?

5. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Is it possible that w/all the legal wrangling between Wright & Great Dane that Wright had to agree to not produce a floating deck Stander as a trade-off for the limitations they put on the GD Super Surfer?

Otherwise one would think they would Make it So...They are Losing Huge Sales by not having a Floating Deck Stander....I know of 4 locals Plus Myself that would have them on their trailers & there must be Countless others....

6. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto, if wright had a floating deck it would probably be a new wright and not a new exmark on my trailer.

7. CharlieBingo

Smlavin, I would try one for at least a day once you get the hang of them they are great. A lot faster and more comfortable than a WB with a velkie. I agree with you Fareway there must be something stopping Wright from a floating deck and even things like a spring loaded platform (that's a great feature on the dane).