• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

wright stander

green_LLC

LawnSite Member
To ensure getting through residential gates, is the Wright Stander 32 more applicable than the 36? 90% of my initial customer base will more than likely be residential. There is a $600 difference between the 15 and 17 hp Kawasaki engines? Any thought's here? Thanks in advance.

LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnSite Silver Member
I personally would go with the the 36". And always buy the largest engine available. I have a 52" Stander and a 36" Toro. I have not found a gate the 36" will not go through. And honestly I have gotten to the point that I really try to avoid lawns that require the use of the 36".

Derek

eyes&earsopen

LawnSite Member
I'm in N. Dayton and I seem to be running into a LOT of gates I can't fit through with my 36", but with mower payments I can't be as picky!!! After purchasing my mower I became aware of this problem and I began to wonder did I make a mistake. Like you DRM, in the future I would like to turn down gated properties.

schumany

LawnSite Member
Ha, Ha, Ha, that's so funny! If I turned down all the properties that have gates here in Central Texas, then I wouldn't have any to cut. If you have and area where gates are a problem (not to mention AC units), then I'd go with the 32" mower. I went with the 32" SCAG WB and I'm very glad I did. There are many spots where a 36" would not have made it.

That's my two cents worth. Hope it helps.

SouthernYankee

LawnSite Senior Member
In Houston, most 36" mowers wont fit through 36" gates, I went with the Gravely 34z, but some guys run wright 32"s. If I didnt have a machine that fit through 36" gates, I would be in a lot of trouble. Better go measuring some gates.