1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

WTB 48in. walk behind

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by jvorwald7, Apr 8, 2007.

1. jvorwald7

jvorwald7 LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

I am currently in search of a 48 walk behind. I'm looking to upgrade from my 36in. walk behind. I am interested in trading to settle any price difference if it is a possibility. My mower is a 32in snapper. I replaced all the belts and the engine last June (so about 100 hrs.) I replaced the gear box 2 weeks ago. In all I have about $1,000 in upgrades. I do not think there is anything major on this mower that can break because I have replaced and upgraded all the major components.

2. SnapperfanRedmaxman

SnapperfanRedmaxman LawnSite Member

I have a Snapper 14HP 48" fixed deck Hydro Walkbehind with Swivel wheel
    sulky for $2000.00 It is in great shape. I am in Chattanooga, TN. However, I am not interested in any trades at this time. Let me know. Thanks, Jan

3. jvorwald7

jvorwald7 LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

how many hrs?

4. SnapperfanRedmaxman

SnapperfanRedmaxman LawnSite Member

As you know Snapper walkbehinds don't have hour meters. I installed one when I got it 2 years ago and have only put about 50 hours on it. It was at the snapper dealer over the winter for a complete hydro service, new muffler, weight kit and complete service. It has new no flats on the front and rear tires are probally 50-60%. Overall it is in great shape.

5. Grass-Masters

Grass-Masters LawnSite Senior Member