www.pested.com????

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mattfromNY, Mar 14, 2007.

1. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Central NY

Anyone purchase training DVD's through www.pested.com?
    I just found out about this site, and would like to purchase the NYS 30 hr. course for ornamental and turf. The site claims that the course is certified by the NYS DEC. the 30hr. course is $300.00:cry: , but I figure it would still be cheaper than driving and giving up working days to attend courses scattered about the state.
    Any feedback is appreciated.:)
    Matt

2. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

3. mattfromNY

Male, from Central NY

Thanks Jay.
    I'll check it out.

4. mattfromNY

Male, from Central NY

I checked it out. Looks like it is just for recertification, I need the 30 hour course so I can take the exam. I'll keep the info. for future use.
    Thanks again.
    Matt

5. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I got the same stuff in the mail, but really was not interested in it. I like attending & networking with other guys in the business.:)

6. happysquare316

happysquare316 LawnSite Member

ive taken courses with pested.com and they are easy to use and a lot cheaper than going to a seminar or class. if youre into networking and meeting ppl then you can do it the old fashioned way, but for me this was a cost efficient and convenient option. also the staff there are very nice and always pick up the phone or respond to emails. :usflag:

7. Taraoliva

Taraoliva LawnSite Member

Hi! I just completed it and will NEVER do it again. I had problems with the site. Finally called and had it straightened out. Ended up I needed to use a different browser. Due to those issues I completed 3 days late. KEVIN HURLEY who is apparently in charge had to simply approve that it was late due to those issues. Instead he wanted me to pay for another course since that the late rule. SHADY. DO NOT BUY!

8. Mow-Daddy.com

Mow-Daddy.com LawnSite Gold Member

And how long did you have the course before you called to find out it was YOUR browser causing the issue?

9. greenfire

greenfire LawnSite Senior Member

Been using Pested for many years for re-cert with no problems. Employess like it too. I don't see anything shady about them. They have to follow the state laws as far as completing courses.

10. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

i ended up using ceuschool.org for my remaining credits this year, and my state won't add them after i was referred to ceuschool.org, from my states website. frustrating, because i spent some money and time on it. thought it was convenient. i tried pested.com but had problems with the site as well for some reason. ceuschool.org was a good experience besides the fact that i can't get them to add my credits!