1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

x-mas trees cheap

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by SCAGMAN411, Feb 20, 2008.

1. SCAGMAN411

SCAGMAN411 LawnSite Member

Is there anywhere in the northeast that sells x-mas trees for cheap i mean under $30 for #1s- sizes up to 10ft

2. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

Try contacting a few companies in Canada.
    Higher quality - probably need to order a truckload to get your margin, though.

3. OP
    OP
    SCAGMAN411

SCAGMAN411 LawnSite Member

Do u hav any names of companies or web adresses that would great?

4. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

None that I dealt with personally.
    I used to work at a "garden center", and the boss bought trees from Canada for our higher priced trees. He used native trees from our own field for the trees under $20.00.

Do a Google search "christmas tree canada". That should get you started.

5. 2muchmulch4u

2muchmulch4u LawnSite Member

6. Superior L & L

Superior L & L LawnSite Senior Member

better get a move on ........christmas is almost here LOL

7. 2muchmulch4u

2muchmulch4u LawnSite Member

Try this www.christmastrees.org There is Tuckaway tree farm which I have used on occasion. The trees by themselves are not expensive it is the trucking that hammers you.

8. buzzz427

buzzz427 LawnSite Member

I have access to three farms and am looking to put some deals together last year I was looking at $25 per tree but shipping is going to be more expensive this year. but willing to try to work with people to try and fill a truck with a couple of stops to lessen the expense

9. Vermont Woody

Vermont Woody LawnSite Member

If you're looking to sell your Timberwolf TW-2HD and it's in good shape, please give me a call at (914)447-5446. Thanks, Dan

10. Rake 'n Bake

Rake 'n Bake LawnSite Member

Musser's Forests in Indiana, Pa. sells a ton and many would be under $30 depending on size and type of tree. Scotch, Whites and Blues should be in that price range. Frasers, Douglas and Concolors may be around $30.

There's also a pLace in Watertown, NY that sells them pretty cheap but I don't remember the name.