1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

xmas light storage totes

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by gunsnroses, Dec 2, 2015.

1. gunsnroses

gunsnroses LawnSite Senior Member

Howdy,

I am looking to find the best bang for the buck on storage bins in the 45 gallon range. I have a 40 foot shipping container that is pretty well full of lights, trees, garlons, ect. What are you guys using that holds up well and stacks nice? I dont mind spending a bit more for a quailty product.

2. hotrod1965

hotrod1965 LawnSite Senior Member

I always bought the Rubbermaid ones from Home Depot or Lowes when they would go on sale.

3. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Gold Member

Walmart always brings in a ton of totes at Christmas time. The better ones are usually in the $15 range. I stack them two high on Home Depot used racking.

4. rlitman

rlitman LawnSite Silver Member

They do. So does Target.
    What bothers me is that every year the lids seem a little different, so that your new bins don't stack well on the old ones.

Also, consider how you are going to get organized. What I prefer are the semi-transparent bins (which are the ones that never seem to go on sale at holiday times). I can slip a piece of paper inside with a label on it that cannot fall off in storage...

5. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Gold Member

I write the customers name on all four sides of the bin and use the lid to draw the installation notes. Then at the homes we can take pictures of the lid and not have to tote it around.