1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Xmas Present from customers

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by kory landscaping, Dec 14, 2005.

1. kory landscaping

kory landscaping LawnSite Member

Well, another year in the books and just received 15 xmas cards from my customers w/ cash in them:blob1:, $300.00. I went out and bought my xmas present, a sirius satellite radio with a boombox.
    Have anybody receive any present from your customer?.

Kory Landscaping
    Go Steelers

2. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

I am more of a giver. I give all my customer's $25 cerficicates to Outback with cards stating how I apreciate their business throughout the year.

3. kory landscaping

kory landscaping LawnSite Member

The 15 customer who gave me a gift, get coupon for one free fertilizing application.

Kory Landscaping

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

We send out cards,we have recieved cash here.

5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

No gifts or cash here....but a renewal w/ rate increase in January is even better.

6. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

A $25 gift certificate? I would be broke if I did that for all 300 of my customers.:confused:

7. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

I have about 10customers, most are property managers whose large accounts I service. I just spent $250, I don't feel that is too much when you gross 50K/year. Since you have 300, I understand (do you personally know all 300 customers?)

8. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I have one guy who sends me a $50 gift card to Outback or Chili's or something every year. Postage stamp sized yard at $40.00 a shot year round but he never has to worry about the HOA. That's the way it's supposed to be.payup

9. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Hey! the mail today had you know what. Going to Outback for some shrimp on the barbie this year!

10. beautifullawns

beautifullawns LawnSite Senior Member

I always send my customers christmas cards, and also potential customers that I have started marketing to. Everytime they think of your name and biz is a great oppertunity.