• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

yanmar excavators

Dirty Water

LawnSite Fanatic
I should note that a few landscapers here own Yanmars and swear by them, so perhaps my experience was unusual...then again, rental units with that many hours are usually loose regardless of what brand :)

I also hated the fact that it didn't have armrest controls. My usual rental is a Case CX36, which I love.

Crappy Controls:

Scag48

LawnSite Fanatic
The new Yanmars are excellent from what I've seen. I looked at a Vio35 at a trade show last year and it looked really nice, can't say much for the reliability or performance.

Squizzy246B

LawnSite Senior Member
I have no personal experience with the Yanmar Exc but in Europe they are very very popular. I'm lead to believe they have similar quality to Kubota.

Gravel Rat

LawnSite Fanatic
A local landscaper has a Yanmar mini its in the 9000-10000lb range I don't know what model it is but it does have the backhoe style controls. Myself I prefer the pilot controls with arm rests my arms get too tired running backhoe controls. When I ran JCB backhoe I had to have the seat as close as I could to the controls so I could rest my elbows on the seat arm rests.

As for Yanmar excavators I don't think there is anything wrong with them I do think most mini excavators are pretty similar in quality.