1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Yard Installed

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by nijory, May 4, 2007.

1. nijory

nijory LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I have been on here a lot lately and I just like to know when everyone gets a "yard installed" quote, where do they get that number.

Example: some say they can charge, get, etc. $40-$70 a yard of mulch installed.

Can someone break down those numbers for me?

Is it wages + cost of mulch? overhead + cost of mulch? what?

2. pobox

pobox LawnSite Member

Cost of mulch + Hourly Rate to install. Example for 60.00 Hourly Rate: If it takes approx. 1/2 hour to install 1 yard of mulch and that mulch costs approx. 30.00 per yard then 30.00 + 30.00 = 60.00 per yard of mulch installed. You may be able to spread 1 yard of mulch in a little less than 1/2 hour but don't forget you are providing more than just installation. You are also providing pickup, delivery and probably some weeding and/or bed edging to make it look really NICE.

3. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

We charge one hour+one yard in our quotes. The average person spreads about 1 an hour if there are shrubs/flowers involved.