• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Yard Signs

nick9882

LawnSite Member
We have never used yard signs before ,but bought some this year.We see them all over in the spring from various companies along the road.I have called all the cities that we service and they said you cannot place the signs on the road.Im wondering if people just do it anyways because it is not really enforced or what.The city we do most of our bussiness in will not even let us put them on privet property with the owners permission.

TexasFire221

LawnSite Senior Member
One of the guys here on the site that does holiday lighting puts tons of these out. I have read many of his posts and he says that he puts them out then the code enforcment picks them up. He says if you put them out on Fridays that they usually dont get picked up until Monday. So im guessing its better to ask for forgivness than permission.

OP
N

nick9882

LawnSite Member
I just worried about doing that seeing that the company name and phone number is on there.I worry about getting fined.

OP
N

nick9882

LawnSite Member
When we ordered the signs that was our plan to put them in customers yards until the city told us we could not.I think it is crazy,if you own a business and own a home in that town you cant even put a sign in your OWN front yard.We offer discounts to customers who let us put them in their yard,so the customer cant get a discount because the city wont let them have a sign on their own private property that they pay TAXES on.It doesn't seem right to me.They sure do make an acception to political signs thats for sure...A month ago the who town was covered in political signs.They are putting signs out by the 10,000's.Whats the real difference of a politic trying keep his job or a local business trying to stay in business.They say you cant use the signs because it desracts drivers....Do politcal signs not destract drivers???