Yardbook Invoices

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mark Stark, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Mark Stark

Mark Stark LawnSite Member

Hey Everyone!

We're new to using Yardbook and came across a a couple of issues that I can't find an answer for in their help section.

1. Is there a way to sort the paid invoices by the date they were paid? Currently, I need to open the invoice in order to see the date it was paid. This is cumbersome when doing our accounting work.
    2. A client left a tip but I can't find that information anywhere on their paid invoice. I only see it on the email that Yardbook sent. Is there a way to find this information without searching our past emails?
    3. Is there a way to "mark" or archive invoices that are paid? I like to archive or separate invoices that are both paid AND logged into our accounting software. This makes it very unlikely that I'll double log something by mistake.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  2. Eco Land and Lawn Care

Eco Land and Lawn Care LawnSite Member

If you click on the Payments Tab on the left it will show you what day you received payment from customers and the invoice number that payment was tied to. Is that helpful?

Mark Stark likes this.
  3. Eco Land and Lawn Care

Eco Land and Lawn Care LawnSite Member

By the way.
    I cannot help with the other questions.

4. Cdlong27

Cdlong27 LawnSite Member
    from South

I believe there is a report you can run based on payments.

Mark Stark likes this.
  5. Mark Stark

Yes! Thanks for the info! I'll check that out tomorrow morning.

6. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Gold Member
    from Chicago

Any questions I had for yardbook was quickly answered though the help platform.

You can broswe their faq and submit a ticket here. https://support.yardbook.com

Mark Stark likes this.
  7. Mark Stark

Thanks! I posted 1 of the questions and was waiting to hear back. By the time I submitted that question, I came up with the others. I was getting a bit impatient.

I've been using Freshbooks for invoicing for years but was hoping Yardbook would work well for the lawn company since we use it for scheduling already.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  8. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Gold Member
    from Chicago

In the past the few times I posted a ticket I had a reply within 24 hours. It's been awhile since I've had a question so response time might very.

9. Cjames808

Cjames808 LawnSite Member

They are great at helping and resolving issues or answering questions. Especially if you have a premium account.

We use yardbooks for invoicing and estimates via email. That’s it, everything else is done in quickbooks cause it has to go there for accurate bookkeeping.

10. Mark Stark

Is premium worth it? I didn't even know they had a premium option.

I guess I should dig into a bit more!