1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Yazoo or Toro what do you think?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blaster822, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Blaster822

Blaster822 LawnSite Member

Im looking at a toro V Yazoo eather 48 or 52 and know nothing about eather what do you guys think i should get;and why?

Thanks Guys

2. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

TORO. I hear Yazoo has a horrible costumer service/warranty dept. And tend to be on the mid line of mowers were as Toro is near the top.

Toro is also the same basic thing as a Exmark.

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Go with the Toro because they are the company that makes Exmark. They are a good company that builds good mowers. A good feature on the Toro is the Turbo Force decks. They have an adjustable baffle to customize the deck to your mowing conditions. Take a look at them at www.toro.com. I think you'll like them.

4. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I totally disagree. At least here the customer service is way way better than toro or exmark! And the Yazoo is in my opinion a better machine than the toro with the yazoo having a much better frame and a fabricated deck! Also at least my Yazoo will cut wet grass as good if not better than any of my other machines will. Also does a much better strip job! I have demoed toro and have owned several other brands, so I can speak from experience!

5. Blaster822

Thank you guys if you think of anything eles let me know.

What about husler ?

6. WREBELMACHINE

I have demoed hustler great machine I went Yazoo because of service! If service was better I might buy a hustler. But I am totally satisfied with my Yazoo.

7. WREBELMACHINE

One thing to consider! If you are looking at a 48"-52" machine the Yazoo will have pump and wheel motors on the mid max machine. The Hustler uses hydrostats. Something to really consider!

8. Blaster822

What do you mean? what is the diff? Is one better then the other?

Thanks again

9. Eric 1

Really? never heard that.

I for one do not have a hustler, but hear that they are top notch machines.

10. Eric 1

I just went through Husters entire web site, they say they use hydrostat'S (as in plural, 2 of them)they have individual pumps and wheel motors, maybe i missed it?