Ybravo 1st Gen BBC

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by TBEG, Oct 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. TBEG

TBEG LawnSite Member

Question: I have three yBravo 21 1st Gen mowers with BBC and two of them appear to have bad BBCs? Super low hours in both. Does anyone know if this is common on these units?

2. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

Is it common to have moving parts wear over time? Yes

3. OP
    OP
    TBEG

TBEG LawnSite Member

Just talked to Lee at YBravo and he said they had a batch of bad BBCs where the friction material wasn’t glued on correctly and fail at extremely low hours. They are sending out a newer lower half under warranty.
    Thanks for the helpful input.

4. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

If nothing else Bravo great cs.

had a problem w/gen 1 21” not freewheeling in reverse and the guy who engineered the mower called me and walked me through fix.

TBEG likes this.
  5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Platinum Member

no bbc for me. none of my 21 have it . even removed it from my j deere fleet

6. Turf Tracer

^^^ on the BBC. never went to trouble taking it off but on most mowers just junks up underside of deck and adds mechanical issues down the road.

TBEG likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    TBEG

TBEG LawnSite Member

same here on a unit. The bbc belt pulley just needed a little grease to return freely. I agree They are awesome. Wish more places stocked parts for them, at least here in CA they don’t.

8. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Platinum Member

the diff with the bbc removed is dramatic. more power-less weight. more reliable. some like toro-the bbc cant be removed .

9. OP
    OP
    TBEG

TBEG LawnSite Member

I bet. When it’s time to for a new mower, stepping up to there 25” Gen 2, with NO BBC (Zone Start). waiting for these updated lower clutches to come in and I’ll update everyone on the durability.

Here’s the part number if anyone ever needs it:

Part# 201133-1 lower clutch

10. Turf Tracer

Gen 2-21" has plastic under deck insert to keep grass from sticking. Wonder if it fits my Gen 1.

Those crazy wings you can bolt to the blades to create massive lift also great. Turns mower into a high powered lawn vac. Sucks up needles, seeds and twigs like they nothing