• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Year #5 in biz

MTBGLLC

LawnSite Member
I started off with a push mower, a bent shaft trimmer and a hand held blower in the back of a ford ranger with just a hand full of customers. I then quickly bought a 5x8 utility trailer and bought my first ztr,( which I will not discuss because it was the biggest POS I have ever purchased.) My bro-n-law had a shindowa home pro 22t that he THOUGHT was locked up, that I fixed very easily and used for the next 2 years. Well biz picked up so I purchased a 2nd ztr, and once again did not know at that time what was good and what was a big POS!!! I also upgraded to a 6x10 trailer and purchased a bad ass shindowa 8510 back pack blower, a echo back pack, an echo trimmer, and another shindowa trimmer and also purchased 2 used 61" Jacobsen ztr's and traded in the Ranger for an f150 4x4 fx4. By the next season I traded in all my ztr's for NEW Bob Cats; 36walk,52,72. Used for a season, then traded in the 36&52 for a NEW 61 Bob Cat. Then found a 52 Exmark Turf Tracer. Oh, also found a STEAL of a deal on a NEW country clipper. So, this is my 5th year in biz and my equipment is; 6x16 trailer, 2 indowa trimmer, 2-redmax trimmers, 1-echo trimmer, 2-echo bkpk,1-shindowa bkpk, 36 cntry clpr walk, 52 Exmark trf trcr hydro wlak, 61 Bob pro cat, and a 72 predator pro and a 6x12 trailer for back up and for mulch. My buisness name is MOW, TRIM, BLOW & GO LLC and my matto is " I'll mow it like I own it " !