1. Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Gather your top questions about fertilization and nutrient management and join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Year end thank-you

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by AFM Contracting, Oct 25, 2006.

1. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting LawnSite Member

I was wondering if anyone sends out a year end thank-you letter to all your customers to say thanks and remind them of the other services you offer?

2. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

ALWAYS!!!! And, for my larger clients, I send handmade (by me) balsam fir centerpieces (like a small wreath). Or a couple of jars of homemade jam & jelly.

3. Rickco

Rickco LawnSite Member

I always send out holiday cards to all my customers.It's amazing how a small thing like that sticks in there head.

4. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

YES- my wife and I hand write x-mas cards every year,it generates a much larger response than you would think.

5. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

My wife orders Christmas cards from somewhere that has a little envelope of flower seeds inside. We do get a good response and over the years we have gotten more cards from our customers. I think whatever you do it's a nice and inexpensive gester to show you're thinkiing of them in the off season and apprecatie their business.

6. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i use holiday cards and a 5" Pointsettia for all my customers.

7. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

I send evry customer a holiday card, even if it was one small $20 job. For my year round clients We give them a very nice gift.

8. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

im hearing good things about this might have to try it out this year....maby just the holiday cards for starters

9. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

i actually found cards from Target. that have a space for a family photo in the front... it also fits business cards perfectly.. i hand write the inside. with a happy holidays greeting and a thank you for a great season. i also send it out to potential customers too, and the card is removable so they get a card to remember me over the winter.

10. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

Customers love to feel appreciated cards are the least we can do and a small gift for the large accounts is a nice touch too.