yearly accounts?

bobcat48

LawnSite Gold Member
Anyone do yearly or monthly i do it for about five people that will request there bushes/shurbs trimmed for the season usually one time they ask one only wants certain ones done like all the shrubs in the front and side but not the back bushes and other side of the house or some will want a bush taken out re planted and since i am there they will also ask for mowing also it's not too bad..maybe ill get some more for next upcoming season,plus as stated before and other homeowner wants a few and he does the rest himself.

CrimsonMaintenance

LawnSite Member
We only do yearly maintenance for commercial accounts. They pay the same amount every month no matter how many services they get. Usually 3-4 in the growing season and 1-2 in the off season.

weeze

LawnSite Fanatic
i don't do it...i didn't even get asked to trim any shrubs this year except for one customer and it was only like 5 shrubs so didn't take long....trimming shrubs isn't really something i wanna get into anyways....also i was only asked to clean up leaves on 2-3 customers....most people here just trim the shrubs themselves or they rake up the leaves themselves or just leave them in the yard lol...the primary service here is just mowing/trimming/blowing....since we do it 8 months out of the year....then about 1 month of leaves falling and then they are gone......so 3 months pass and the season starts again...i think they just like the 3 month break from having to pay a lawn bill...gives them time to get back on track after buying christmas presents i guess lol.

OP
B

bobcat48

LawnSite Gold Member
Ok yeah i dont think it's too bad,cannot complain..it is every year usually doing the spring and like start of june/mid..Usually like a day and a half worth of work depending on how many bushes/shrubs,trees to be trimmed it is just myself i work solo for now and i am on the maintenance side its part time working for a friend next upcoming seaso thats on maintenance side also but does other work like patios,walkways,driveways,borders retaning walls.

vanncann

LawnSite Senior Member
If you have been in the industry long enough in your area you will probably be able to predict the # of cut for a yard, depending on the type of grass and so on. I have started offering year round main. and have picked up some great customers. Just have to interview before you offer that type of service. I also get paid the first few cuts and then start billing on a monthly service.

FoghornLeghorn

LawnSite Senior Member
what do you do during dec, jan, and feb on the year round accounts?
You apply mulch, you cut back perennials, ground cover, trim shrubs, blow leaves out from shrub beds/mulch them into grass. You keep the property maintained so that your property never looks bad and never requires a "spring cleanup".

You also use this time to collect your normal monthly charges while doing upsells (gutter cleaning, pressure washing, any deferred maintenance you didn't have time to do during the year, etc)

vanncann

LawnSite Senior Member
I go around around the 1st of every month during the winter and do touch up work like Joseph said, but some just want to see you and talk for a few sec. and they are happy. Most (most of my customers anyway)do understand the majority of the work comes in the spring and summer.

weeze

LawnSite Fanatic
You apply mulch, you cut back perennials, ground cover, trim shrubs, blow leaves out from shrub beds/mulch them into grass. You keep the property maintained so that your property never looks bad and never requires a "spring cleanup".

You also use this time to collect your normal monthly charges while doing upsells (gutter cleaning, pressure washing, any deferred maintenance you didn't have time to do during the year, etc)
i do those things in nov and dec...where i live the leaves are all fallen by that time of the year so after i do the cleanup there's no more leaves that fall...or at least not enough to matter lol...so really a spring cleanup isn't necessary if i do a fall cleanup....i could see maybe doing a mulch job or something but i don't see how that would stretch out for 3 months.

i can see there might be a few odd jobs to do during those months but nothing regular like the normal mowing season....that's why i just take it on a job by job basis during that time of year rather than trying to have a year round account....in my experience noone has ever called for anything during jan and feb....we don't do snow plowing or anything like that since it rarely snows here in the south.