Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello we have an add on yellow book.com
They called today offering the banner that scrolls across the top of page when u type in say "lawn care" for $100 additional a month. It also puts our add in the top spot every time. The scroll rotates with two others for a total of three diffrent ones each time it is prompted. Has anyone uded this scroll add and if so what kind of luck have you had? Do u feel that it is worth the extra 1200 a year?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sounds like you are upset that no one had time on Friday between noon and 8 to respond to your post. Ever think that people were out working? I know after working all day on Friday, my first thing to do is run home and check LS to see if I can talk about work some more.

My question/comment to you would be this: Have you ever contacted, bought from, or even went to someones page because of a banner ad?

There are over 30 on this page alone & I've mabye clicked on 4.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like you are upset that no one had time on Friday between noon and 8 to respond to your post. Ever think that people were out working? I know after working all day on Friday, my first thing to do is run home and check LS to see if I can talk about work some more.

My question/comment to you would be this: Have you ever contacted, bought from, or even went to someones page because of a banner ad?

There are over 30 on this page alone & I've mabye clicked on 4.

Good Luck
WOW! your a really kool guy. Thanks for the great advice, u shoulod be workin in a customer service based industry, wait you do. I appreciate u taking time out of your super busy schedule, it means alot.

·
Registered
11,321 Posts
Yellow book sucks so bad! I have two ads in there and havent got crap! Will never spend money there again. Theres so much better advertising then that. Your vehicle, realtors, pool companies, benches, magazines, direct mail, the list could go on and on! Get your name out there with these. Some are cheaper than that extra 1200/year.. hell the paper is better than yellow book...

·
Registered
182 Posts
You waited a hole 8 hours to make a sarcastic comment to people you were asking for help from. That makes you cooler than me. I'm sorry Kooler.

My point is that you/no one uses the banner ads. What's to stop another yellowpages sales guy to offer it to your competitor and put them in front of you for $101 a month? Nothing!

Take the $100 a month and spend it somewhere else.

Again, Good Luck.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
My opinion is I don't think it is a good idea. I don't think it will get that much response. Also, how has yellowbook worked out for you? I used them last year and only got maybe 2 worthwhile calls and only one account out of it, and besides that they screwed up my ad and when I tried to get it resolved it was like a 4 month process. I personally after my experience canceled them and would never use them again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.