• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Yellow Dog Pics

YellowDogSVC

LawnSite Gold Member
The power company is upgrading poles through part of our little ranch. I thought this drill looked cool. It's drilling 15' to set a 120', 19k lb. concrete power pole.
Notice the little deere 322? I was jealous with it's traction. It's muddy as hell here!

IMG00012.jpg
this looks like it's made from a pc 200?
IMG00013.jpg
drill shaking off dirt
IMG00015.jpg
a deere john on my property?
DSCF0478-2.jpg
Yellow Dog mulching at Home

IMG00012.jpg

IMG00013.jpg

IMG00015.jpg

DSCF0478-2.jpg

Ozz

LawnSite Senior Member
Gotta be heavier than a 200... I'm guessing custom house with at least 300 carraige.

Gravel Rat

LawnSite Fanatic
I would say that has a 30 ton excavator undercarriage. Wish power pole holes were that easy around here. B.C. Hydro has to use dynamite to dig pole holes :laugh: takes a long time

Those concrete poles are very $$$$$ expensive a 120 footer has to be a easy 30 grand the wood poles that length are 10-15 grand.

OP
YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC

LawnSite Gold Member
i'm going to try and get more pics but when I get home it's getting dark and it takes a while to get down back with the wet ground.

I have no idea what make that drill is but I saw the number 200 on the side just like it is lettered on a pc200 but who knows. it's a tall rig.

I think the auger is 6' -7' diameter...might be a little bigger. They had another drill head sitting on a flatbed truck and it was almost as wide as the flatbed.

OP
YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC

LawnSite Gold Member
Not a Komatsu at all. It's actually powered by a cummins. SoilMEC builds their own equipment.

SoilMec has a website....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mEYwGcvJUk
interesting. I'll get some more pics if I can catch them before they go to the next property. We are in the middle and they have to use our place as a staging area...Hopefully we can get some other pics.