• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

yellow flower weed

mrkosar

LawnSite Senior Member
i've been seeing it everywhere. anyone know what it is? no it isn't a dandelion...i'm not that dumb.

it kinda looks like violets, but with a yellow flower instead of purple. maybe buttercup? i don't have a picture sorry.

is this going to be as tough to get rid of as violets?

teeca

LawnSite Bronze Member
what type of leaf does it have? how many? could be 1 of 2 types of oxalis, or black medic, or does the leaf represent more of a dand'lion, but w/o the serrated leaves, then it could be hawkweed. get a picture posted.

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
At this date it would have to be a winter annual. Or a very early perennial.
I think--too early for oxalis and black medic. More description or pic please. Does it look anything like forsythia? LOL

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
The most popular weed around her right now is the very early hairy bittercress. A member of the mustard family, but flowers look rather white to me.

Gatewayuser

LawnSite Bronze Member
It is a yellow flower with leaves that look like violets I have never seen so many of them too.

OP
M

mrkosar

LawnSite Senior Member
i will get pics later this week, but it has a leaf like a violet with yellow flowers. i know what oxalis looks like...not it. not black medic. i really think it is yellow violet or buttercup. i just have never heard or seen yellow violets.

lawnguyland

LawnSite Bronze Member
I know what you're talking about and even know the name somewhere deep in my brain but I can't find it. I think it is a member of the buttercup fmaily and used to be planted ornamentally, but is invasive. I'll figure it out and let you know