Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would be cool to mention the worst times that come to mind when you did something stupid or something stupid happend while working.

My worst story is, I was working a really overgrown property, the grass was 10 inches high and wet.

There was this hill that was parallell to the propane tank I was Trimming around. I had one foot up on the hill (wet grass) and one foot on the lower ground by the base of the propane tank.

I was in a hurry .. then my lowest foot slipped out from under me, my head crashed into the tank, my left hand let go of the trimmer to try and cushon my head from bashing .... then the worst .. the trimmer fell in a way where the head went right to my left ankle (the foot up the hill), and my right hand had sqeased the throttle by reaction ... I had on shorts and the string whipped my ankle for at least 5 seconds before I could get loose of that whole nightmare.

Wet skin, low socks, full throttle ... looked like ground beef ...
I honestly almost cried

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
OUCH!!!! My lord that sucks.:cry:

Here is my worst story so far. I use to work with my mentor before going on my own. I was using the walker. We had two houses that backed up to a small creek. There was a little hole in the fence corner where I could sneek behind to dump the grass. The area was about 20 feet above the water. Well, in the early spring I went to dump the grass. All of a sudden, the ENTIRE HILL started to slide. I quickly pushed the drive lever foward. I was standing next to the machien as I was getting ready to dump. While sliding backwards, the machien must have caught a root or a rock. It jumped up and a little sideways knocking me to the ground. As the machien roared foward, it caught my jacket be the collar. The walker plowed through the fence heading directly at the house while still draging me. I was final able to stop the machien about a foot from the houses foundation. I got unhooked and shut the engine off. I turn around to look back at the path of distruction. The stockade fence panel was laying on the ground with feet coming from out under. It was my boss. Thank God that he was ok. The panel only pushed him over, but the look on his face was priceless. I was fired on the spot, and rehired to help put the panel back up. I cant imagen what we would have done if the walker had ended up in the creek. Probably would have needed a crane to get it out. Thank God neither of us were hurt, but it would have made one [email protected]$$ of a video for sure.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
715 Posts
I ran out of gas with my first ztr while mowing around a pond...yep went swimming. Was the first time doing that account. Didnt lose it, but she wasnt the least bit impressed:confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.