Lawn Care Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts
If you can get it removed- great. But the best way to deal with the (inevitable) negative reviews is to have lots of positive ones. Consumers have become very savvy and don't mind if you have a few negative reviews. They may even make your review profile seem more legitimate.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
You could teach a master class on how to appropriately respond to a negative review. Well done, GM.

For those of you that receive this type of a non-customer review on Yelp, they're a breeze to have removed.
Give me the link, I will flag it for you. Not sure if one flag will do the trick but I will jump in.
I would flag it too if you pm me
Is the offer still on to flag the review? I can't figure out how to do it again. if so I will PM everyone the link. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: Grassholes
Yelp... I just don't see how a restaurant review "mainly" website generates enough leads for lawn care to cover $400 a month.
In my experience, you're certainly not wrong. We've tested it with Yelp's house money approximately 35 times and we have exactly zero that have used it beyond the pilot phase. That $400 allocated to Adwords spend or content marketing has had a far greater impact.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
All of these months later, that review is still there. :dizzy:

All of these months later, that review is still there. :dizzy:
Well that sucks.

Have you or anyone else with this issue noticed any reduction in leads/calls/business? I have a few reviews from people I don't know and don't live in my area. They did give me a "4 star" so it doesn't really bother me. Just curious of how a "1 or a 2 star" actually affects business, if anyone has any experience/data on it.

I don't have many reviews but do have one one star review on Yelp. Guy complaining how I didn't renew his service after first contract was up. I responded to the review and don't mind it there. Get leads from Yelp all the time. Just submitted a bid today from Yelp for sod install.

Having a one star review in of itself isn't going to hurt you if you have more 5 stars backing you up. If you respond to the review it will show how you handle problems. People know how the game works. The can see the companies that pay for reviews or have friends and family write them. Most are savy enough to read a one star review and companies response to see what really is happening.

I don't have many reviews but do have one one star review on Yelp. Guy complaining how I didn't renew his service after first contract was up. I responded to the review and don't mind it there. Get leads from Yelp all the time. Just submitted a bid today from Yelp for sod install.

Having a one star review in of itself isn't going to hurt you if you have more 5 stars backing you up. If you respond to the review it will show how you handle problems. People know how the game works. The can see the companies that pay for reviews or have friends and family write them. Most are savy enough to read a one star review and companies response to see what really is happening.
This is what I was thinking. I'm sure the "1 star" fairy will eventually find it's way to me, knowing it's not really a big deal is good to know.

Is there any correlation with a bad review and listing rankings, like google, bing, etc.?

Discussion starter · #32 ·
I doubt review is hurting business. All 5 stare on google. Yelp says I have had 60 views with 5 website clicks in the past 11 months total, so not many people looking .. and prob 10 views-3 clicks mine...

I just looked at that 1 star review that woman left you Charlie & the other reviews she did. You are in New Jersey. She is in North Carolina & all her other 4 reviews are for businesses in North Carolina.

Something is screwed up. I would flag it, but can't figure out how to flag it.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.